Friday, March 5, 2021

Band Practice/The song

 Remember that I said that last Saturday we were creating the song, well lets forget about that version of the song since we decided to do it all over again since on Friday afternoon, as I was getting ready for practice I started singing a different version of the song which in my consideration I considered it was a better version since it stuck with the original idea that was set during the winter break; therefore we will go back to our roots on intentions with the song.

In addition we discussed on how the music video could be filmed, and we overall decided to film part of the video on Saturday during Valentina's birthday (guitarist) reunion for the original look of the band, and on the other side when it comes to the Indie and Goth/Punk, it will be filmed next weekend in the Valentina's backyard where the fence and grass of a typical suburb will contrast the Goth/Punk look and will go along the Indie one. Not that I am writing about, I think we will look like Edward Scissorhands if we are Punk/Goth in the neighborhood, which is GREAT!


Also we are looking towards creating a music video that is commercial and it possess no story line, but rather is more stylistic and playful, meaning we would like to provide videos of us joking around, then others of us playing as Indie and Punk/Goth and lastly, as Flapper the original garage and grunge band that it is. Therefore, tomorrow it starts the shooting of the joking around part (that sounded too planner but oh well). Also, it turns out that in our last practice we rearranged the vocals, to make me the vocalist since for the song that we are creating, I wrote the lyrics and melody so I can actually sing it pretty good for what we want it so it works best!

As a result, I have to finish the lyrics, tomorrow we will film and the song and vocals have been completely changed for the better.

To leave you an idea of how we are as a band, here I present Flapper as the cover for The Strokes song Juicebox!





No comments:

Post a Comment

AICE MEDIA Portfolio by Andrea

That's it :)

 This has been a crazy journey since I got to face my fear and demonstrate that I actually can create a rock song. It will definitely be the...