Friday, April 2, 2021

Ideas for the Album cover

 Today I did a meeting with the band and we got to discuss how we wanted the look for the album. As I have researched many artists do either editing on a picture of the actual band like the Clash's "Combat Rock"; decide to approach it in a surrealistic manner by creating a piece through collage such as Tyler the Creator's "Flower Boy:; just display the band's logo like many Aerosmith's "Permanent vacation"; create an artwork like all Grimes's albums or approach it in the indie manner, which is to capture a simple element of the everyday life like Mk. Gee's "Over Here". Of course, there are plenty of ways to approach an album cover, but this is how I have summed it up according to the Alternative genres of either punk rock or indie music in general.

The Clash- Combat Rock


Tyler the Creator- Flower Boy



Aerosmith- Permanent Vacation



Grimes- Visions



Mk. Gee- Over Here


So as we were discussing we got to the conclusion that I should create a piece either by photoshopping a natural picture, like Mk. Gee's example or to create a mix media piece like my 2D AP portfolio is. For the idea that we are striving, it would be interesting to either include aspects of our personal identity such as the Venezuelan and Colombian background into a darker toner mixing the tropical environment with the punk rock aesthetic or for the natural picture, it would focus on an intriguing object that could be accommodated into an unconventional album.

So this weekend I will be planning on these concepts and viewing what matches better the band's aesthetic and the song's tone. Let's see what I come up with, specially how would I involve our logo.






No comments:

Post a Comment

AICE MEDIA Portfolio by Andrea

That's it :)

 This has been a crazy journey since I got to face my fear and demonstrate that I actually can create a rock song. It will definitely be the...