Thursday, April 1, 2021

Music video and song

I have been working again on editing the video. I go back and forth to it. As I have checked it recently, the only accommodations needed for the video would be to fix on the bridge of the song, the drum beat since I messed up for a second which eventually affect all the sound. So, the way in which I am fixing this is by cutting out that mistake and instead placing the beat that was done continuously throughout  the song. On the other side, Olga finally finished her bass lines and already putted together with the whole song's audio completed. And if I forgot to mention, the song's vocals have the effect of the "telephone" from garage band since it goes better with the mood of the song and style of starting bands such as Alex Turner did most of the time when Arctic Monkeys started off such as in the song Teddy Picker.

Lastly, I think we are back again on considering a filter for the music video in order to incorporate this nostalgic tone to the video since the Generation Z has shown the tendency on social media of appreciating the "vintage" or "nostalgic" to an era that we did not get to actually live, which is most of the times the 80's. Therefore, in the music video I am looking towards adding a filter that would soften the visuals to me it seem as a video tape from the 80's. Striving for the camera quality of the music video "Little Girls" by Oingo Boingo; an actual music video of the era; or how the current punk band The Garden did on the music video of "Thy Mission" with Mac Demarco, whom has been a constant inspiration for the music video.

Little Girls -Oingo Boingo



Thy Mission by The Garden 

Also I found fascinating how the music video of Thy Mission made references to the Punk/Goth Scene of the 80's as our video, without having known of this band. Overall, this music video and the band itself reinforces the idea that there is a current target audience of indie music specially on the punk genre inspired by the 80's; exactly what our band Flapper is striving for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AICE MEDIA Portfolio by Andrea

That's it :)

 This has been a crazy journey since I got to face my fear and demonstrate that I actually can create a rock song. It will definitely be the...